With the winter season upon us, our skin usually seems to get a little worse for wear. I thought I’d post some simple 2 ingredient face masks, so you can pamper yourself at home, with very little effort.
The following tutorials are great those with dry or spot-prone skin. By using all natural ingredients, it means that they’re perfect for sensitive skin.
You’ll most likely have these ingredients laying around in your cupboards at all times, so it really is the easiest home remedy. Both face masks include the same magic ingredient- Eggs!
Face mask 1.
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
Break it down:
Egg yolk – Nourishes dull and dry skin.
Olive oil – Moisturises naturally.
- Separate egg. (Save the egg white for later, put in fridge.)
- Whisk yolk lightly with a fork.
- Add 1/2 a teaspoon of olive oil. (I prefer using less oil, but you can use a whole tsp, if preferred.)
- Mix. It will be very yellow!
- Apply the mixture to your face using a pastry/ makeup brush, or just your fingers. (I recommend applying a fairly thick coat.)
- Leave for 20 mins or until dry.
- Rinse with warm water and wash face until clean.
- Dry face with a towel.
Your skin should be feeling lovely!
Face mask 2
- 1 egg white.
- I tbsp honey
Break it down:
Egg white – Tighten pores, prevents break outs, improves dryness.
Honey – moisturises, smooths, softens.
- Get egg white (saved from other mask), or separate an egg.
- Mix in a bowl with a fork.
- Add 1 tablespoon of honey. (Face mask can be done without the honey.)
- Mix. It will be a fairly clear colour.
- Apply to face.
- Leave until it begins to tighten.
- Peel/ wash off with warm water.
- Dry face.
Your skin should be feeling great!
Here’s a pic of me with the first face mask on. (Lol, those BROWS…)
They’ve worked well for my skin, and I hope they help you too!
I hope you enjoyed this post.
Let me know in the comments if you’ve tried them out! Did they work? I would love any homemade beauty tips/ recommendations as well.
Thanks for reading.
The stars reach out. reach back.